Position Description: Construction Supervisor Part time
Responsible for the supervision of new construction and/or repair of homes undertaken by Mitchell-Yancey Habitat for Humanity. The construction supervisor reports to the Construction Committee and works together with the board and staff members of M-Y Habitat.
Construction Supervisor Job Duties include:
- Identify and evaluate potential home sites and the suitability for the affiliate’s basic house plan.
- Oversee the entire building process, including project budgets, schedules, building sites, materials procurement and coordination of contractors.
- Work patiently with volunteers on site to provide on-the-job training and supervision for semi-skilled and unskilled volunteers. Identify potential crew leaders and other skilled workers.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator and Operations Manager to recruit volunteer labor needed to ensure ongoing construction.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of construction.
- Ensure tools and construction needs are on site and that permits are pulled.
- Utilize a thorough understanding of all aspects of residential construction, including competence in energy efficient construction design techniques.
Construction Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Project Management, Quality Management, Supervision, Safety, Delegation, Supply Management, ADA Requirements, Estimating, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus
The qualified candidate will have at least five years of experience in construction supervision in the local NC area. S/he will have experience in general construction knowledge. Resume and references are required.
Set by the board of directors commensurate with experience up to $25/hour.
Apply in person or send a resume with cover letter to:
Mitchell-Yancey Habitat for Humanity
563 Oak Street, Spruce Pine, NC 28777